St. Tudy Methodist Church is located at the junction of Hengar Lane and Chapel Road on the eastern edge of the village.

The present Victorian chapel (Grade 2 listed) was built in 1869, with an additional wing added in 1937, and replaced the building now known as Chapel House in Redvale Road. The chapel is built of free stone granite quoins with a slate roof. The chapel consists of the main chapel, schoolroom, primary schoolroom, kitchen, toilets and large storeroom. An attractive building surrounded by lawns and a free stone wall capped with granite cope stones and an iron gate. A red rhododendron planted in. the 1960 s grows in the front lawn.

Two grave stones can be seen in the grounds. The one in the front garden is the grave of Nathaniel Stephens, Ann his wife, and their daughter Elizabeth , wife of the Rev. T. M. Booth who died on May 5th 1890 age 58 years. The other to the Hengar Lane side is of Samuel Tom and his wife Rebecca.

Within the chapel can be seen four memorial tablets on the wall behind the pulpit. One to the left is dedicated to Nathaniel Stephens (born 18.7.1797 died 27.4.1883) and his wife Ann (born 17.4.1799 died 9.2.1884)

Two behind the pulpit - at the top- William Pearse Born 1817, died 1.893. And the bottom one to Richard Kingdon Elford (born 7.6.1836 died 14.6.1926.) and his wife Jane (born 17,9.1829 died 30.4.1916)

The one to the right is to Samuel Tom (born 4.10.1789 died 13.12.1873) and his wife  Rebecca who died on 27.12.1885 aged 93.

During the year 2000 permission was given for the replacement of the main doors and the installation of a stained glass window to commemorate 2000 years of Christianity. The window, designed by Mrs. P. Hodge and crafted by Mr. Arthur Bradley of Boscastle was finally installed in 2001.

Our Minister is The Rev. Stella Long who cares for us and five other chapels in the circuit.

 A friendly chapel, with a thriving membership, welcomes everyone to Morning Worship every Sunday at 11a.m.

Coffee evenings are held monthly during the winter, a bible Study Group meets every two weeks and there are special services and events throughout the year.




"Soup and Sweet lunches are held monthly in the Schoolroom from October to April and these are so popular that places have to be booked. Over 1500 has been raised during the past three years, 1000 being shared between Cancer Research UK and Mount Edgcumbe Hospice, St. Austell. This year's profits are going towards the disabled facilities and new kitchen in the Chapel.


Harvest Festival, on the last Sunday in September, is always a special time when we give thanks to the Lord for all our needs, and the chapel is beautifully decorated with flowers, fruit and vegetables. This produce is auctioned off for Christian Aid. Chapel Anniversary is celebrated on the 1st Sunday in May.










Photographs of our chapel are attached to this page and on hope you will feet the warmth and welcome of this lovely building when you look at them.